Thursday, October 2, 2014

When Life Brings Bad Apples

These pictures were not the planned ones I had been preparing for....

No, these were the ones that I tried to squeeze in, in order to not feel like I had wasted all of my time and effort for the afternoon.

You see, we have a family tradition going on since I was pregnant with Eliza to go to a small apple orchard. After she arrived and it was fall again, going to take cute pictures has been on the agenda ever since.

This year, I had a vision with a new prop to incorporate. I stained it before hand, loaded up the other small props to complete it, picked and dressed the kids several times until I finally found the right combination to complement each other. 

The day was wonderful after mostly rain the day before and Matt had this afternoon free from commitments. About halfway to our destination, Matt asks how late the farm was open till. With how light it was, I was pretty confident we had more than enough time on our side. But, out of curiosity, I decided to pull up their information on my phone.

They closed.at.four.flippin.pm! The farm had already been closed for 30 minutes when I glanced at the dash.

Who closes that early on such a glorious afternoon?!

We tried another closer orchard, only to find out that their u-pick season didn't start for another week. So we drove and drove around to look at the scenery as I stewed about all my precious time and energy gone to waste.

Eventually, we stopped at a state park that has a waterfall. The kids had been asleep most of the time while we were driving and enjoyed hearing the rushing water.

This is all I could salvage out of our afternoon of pictures....






For some reason only God would know...apple orchard pictures were not meant to be. It is hard to accept this, when there are no guarantees for nice dry weather. I have about one month worth of weekends to make this happen. Even less when you have to take in the fact that Matt has to be with me to child wrangle and has a few weekends of ministry commitments.

Here is to letting go of control and praying for good weather next weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment