Monday, September 29, 2014

What One Does for Their Child



We decided that a Mommy Daughter date was in order when someone posted on Facebook that an area kiddie venue was having a Frozen night, complete with meeting Anna and Elsa. 

What I didn't count on was just how popular of an idea this was to everyone else in the area, hence the hour long wait to just.get.in.the.freaking.building.

We paid the $7 entrance fee to play, and then waited in ANOTHER line for 30 minutes......

So we could get this ironic shot with the toddler-tyke celebrities


Yes, that's right...I had to fight her to go and stand with them. 

She.would.not.smile

All that waiting for a sour puss pose, after talking about them nonstop before hand.

Now trust me, while we waited outside with other bored children and their parents, I kept questioning if any of this was worth it. Could we catch a movie? Maybe Chuck E. Cheese's would be a better experience with no waiting in line? The option was presented to Eliza numerous times, but she kept opting for both (I hate 3 yr old indecisiveness). A family was nice enough to hold our place in line so I could run Eliza down the stripmall to the grocery store bathroom. Cue the waterworks when she thought we were leaving for good.

Was it worth it to me to wait in the line, pay the money and get a so/so encounter for my daughter (would it have killed you Elsa to have put on some makeup to look more like your character?)

No

But I guess there will be times when you just have to suck it up as a parent...to go against all practicality of worthiness of your Friday night and indulge.

PS
I do believe there is a Polaroid of me and Sheera that my mother made me pose for because it was a free picture...and I had quite the scowl too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment