Thursday, October 16, 2014

Oh Fudge!

After getting a taste of some pumpkin fudge at the apple orchard, I wanted to find out how to make some of my own. Since I am not normally a fudge person, the pumpkin sounded like I nice alternative.

Off to Pintrest I went!

Most of the recipes I browsed were similar in the process, but there were some differences in the amount of butter, sugar, pulp, and if you used brown sugar. 

My first try at it was found here, and listed as an easy recipe. 


The most intensive part of the process is being held hostage at the stove while 
you have to constantly stir the pot for over 12 minutes



I had purchased the marshmallow fluff instead of the mini ones by mistake, but I 
think it may have made this a little easier to melt together. I used the entire jar. 

After this test, I went ahead and tried a different recipe that did call for a candy thermometer. It also calls for more pumpkin pulp and sugar, along with MUCH more butter...so I am sure it makes for a very rich and creamier than the above one. Let's call that the diet one shall we?

I followed the second recipe as followed ....and here is my result:


I think I just invented pumpkin caramel chews or something...or sticky piles of poo...

They taste amazing, and just like pie, so I tried to salvage them and wrapped bite sized portions 
up like taffy. 

Not sure if I'll venture into more fudge making or not...I might be pumpkin'd out at this point : /

No comments:

Post a Comment