Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Taking it Back!

An early morning traditional breakfast at the grandparents
When we recently inherited an additional baby gate, we were able to finally take back the kitchen again.

I have now turned into an old married with children woman who gets giddy when she is able to open and load/unload the dishwasher without fear of little hands helping. And when I say helping, I mean grabbing at the biggest and sharpest knives and trying to find snacks left on the dishes.

Now I can sweep crud into a pile and not worry about someone thrashing their hands through it, sending it flying back into the crevices I swept it out from.

I no longer have a little 17 month old throwing a fit at the base of the pantry shelves because I will not allow him to sustain himself on graham crackers all the live long day.

I no longer have to kick "Little People" or play food or whatever the heck toys my kids find amusement back into the family room.

Oh...and I no longer have to fear my legs being bitten/scratched/pinched during meal prep while a meltdown is reaching the same intensity as the Chernobyl nuclear power plant fiasco.

The downside is having to run hurdles around the kitchen. I've gotten pretty good at the plastic dish toss into the sink because I am too lazy to unlatch the gate being held closed with a bungee cord. Either my kids have outsmarted it, or this $70 gate wasn't built to last more than 2 years : /

Excuse me while I go sign up with the local track team...

No comments:

Post a Comment