Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Quilting for a Blessing

"Pinwheel Garden"

It was a labor of love to create and sew this quilt for an upcoming addition to a special family. After a lot of sadness and questions, they will be welcoming a little girl come August.


While my mother was visiting, we checked out some local quilt shops where I found the grey free motion pattern and the pink batik print in between the pinwheel.. Everything else was found reasonable at Joanns (Calico Prints).


Every time I do a quilt, I try and push myself to try a new technique or challenging pattern since I started sewing almost 3 years ago. It was a talent I envied others who could sew. Envy continued to grow until it pushed me into a new world. I remember being deathly afraid to buy any fabric and try and make something of it, after finding out what fabric ran in price.

This quilt is about 50/50 done on machine and by hand. The binding is what took me almost as long as cutting and sewing the pinwheel blocks. Look for a follow up post on just how to do it with a link to a free printable.


No comments:

Post a Comment