Monday, September 15, 2014

The Fair is Fair


After getting sprung from the Hospital, I was in very much the mood to change my scenery after seeing a patient board, phlebotomists, nurses, and a constantly chiming IV pump. So to the NY State Fair we went!

We hadn't visited the fair since Eliza was was around 4 months old, as we are usually down at the grandparents house. The weather couldn't have been nicer. No jackets were required and the only tears shed was over the horse barn having to close.


Eliza wasn't too sure of the Heffer


It is crazy to see just how big this Belgian draft horse is when its head isn't even all the way up and Eliza is on daddy's shoulders.

We fed the kids for dirt cheap with 1.50 hot dogs and 25 cent cups of chocolate milk. Lots of animals were met and petted while I reminisced about my high school days with FFA and raising my own livestock.

Maybe in a few years, they'll get to enjoy the kiddie rides together :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment