Friday, April 25, 2014

A Mother's Love

My mother has finally arrived for her annual visit with the kids.

Que having my 3rd child visiting...

Now I love my mother, don't get me wrong, but I am finding she forgets what it is like living with young children. AND how she use to get annoyed at how her own mother use to handle young kids and make comments about their behavior while trying to "mother" me.

Part of my surviving as a mother has been the ability to shut off certain parts of my brain. I would like to call those parts: crumbs, sticky, clutter, noise, uninterrupted activities.

Kids.are.messy.

Toddlers are.even.messier!

Things will eventually get cleaned up...in a day or two or three....

Even Though I've tried telling my mother not to worry about the kids and their behavior/actions/playing, she still feels it's her need to be the parents when it's a battle not worth fighting. I can handle the mess being made with toys in the family room. What I can't handle are two kids up my butt while I try and cook dinner at a reasonable time and proper temperature.

Yes, they will want to sit in your lap....

Yes, they will want you to put your book down so you can pay attention to them instead....

Or take over your food because the EXACT same food on their plate tastes different....

And even help you clean by knocking their play brooms around the house, causing more work for you during nap time.

Just about every visit she's made since moving across the county, the dynamics have been different. Nolan is now a toddler who has quite the temper and Eliza has ventured into the Troublesome Three's.

Welcome to my world mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment