Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Baby Boy's Corner


Little by little, I've been crossing off my list of baby to do things as I approach the finish line in June. I opted to just get the crib assembled now, in hopes that it won't be as interesting when the baby is using it....and frankly, I just wanted more room in the garage :)

When I count the furniture items in the kids room....I believe the rug and changing pad are the only things which were purchased as new. Everything else has been a blessed hand-me-down from other families, with the exception of a garage sale dresser. This crib will have seen 7 kids go through it after Alden is done.


In staying true to our airplane theme....I finally got around to crafting some wall art for the barren wall.

The two airplane images were found for free and I printed them directly off my home printer. A laminator is a wonderful tool, and were glued to some ready made canvas I had from a few years ago before kids. Find the chevron here and the plane sketch here

The pilot quote is from Neil Armstrong, and after designing the text, I printed it directly on a sheet of canvas you can purchase in tear away sheets. It was then glued to a larger canvas that I painted before hand. (Note: if you do this, you'll need to spray some sort of varnish over it to protect the printer ink from smearing)

Hubby is enjoying this artwork the most....as it didn't cost him a dime for any materials, ha!


Crib bedding was a very nice hand-me-down from a family who is expecting their first baby girl...and how perfect it was for them to have gone with a planes theme before. I'll eventually put some little knick-knacks in the cubby holes....for when I know a big brother won't go up and swipe em!




No comments:

Post a Comment