Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Big Boy Quilt


In keeping up with tradition, with Alden on the way, this makes Nolan an official "Big boy" in the family. So this means he gets a new quilt to reflect a new milestone.


I had been saving the main quilt block fabric from a visit back home to San Diego. My mother treated me to a few of her quilting haunts and this called out to me. It really does say boy all over and I liked a little of the art deco flare of the illustration work.


To break up the blocks and pull some color out, the middle and top bar fabric was found from Joanns. This also includes the backing, which I sewed the binding on the inside and then reversed it right side out. The corners ended up rounding each other, but it saved me a lot of hand sewing in the process. Plus...boys won't care ;)

I'm pretty happy with the end result, and frankly, pleased to have finally finished this sucker before I'll have no extra free time after the big kids have gone to bed! If I didn't complete it, I'm sure it would get lost in the craft abyss.




No comments:

Post a Comment