Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Aaaaaaand then there is this thing called LIFE

The days are dropping with each bedtime routine...and here are a few things/thoughts/confessions in the last week-ish.

1.
In my clothing organizer, where I hang my shirts...have two sides to it. On the left, you will find perfectly acceptable tops for everyday wear. Then on the right side....."It was a good attempt, but come back after the baby is here...and then some." It is like I have forgotten that I have this protruding alien growing and all my 3rd trimester maternity tops are for fall to early spring.

2.
Things can change overnight when going from a girl, to adding a boy.

I know, it sounds kinda stupid when said out loud.

Yet, my son has shown me how different he can be from his sister in the destructive two year old chapter. The most recent victim being Matt's grandmother's china. Getting it packed away to make room for my mother to spend a month with us was on the to do list. Well.....Nolan just moved it up to priority number one. A scottish teacup and saucer were thrown and broken in two. Add in a ceramic male and female cardinal figure, and we have a very upset father.

Eliza: What are you doing mommy?
Me: Packing away grandma's special china
Eliza: Why?
Me:.....so you will stand the best chance of inheriting what isn't broken when you get married.

2-3.
Right before Alden gets here, Nolan has shown us just how strong and clever he is in getting inside the crib. This would be a great accomplishment, if it weren't for the fact that we have a drop down crib and he can unlock one of the sides. Not to mention, he was the 6th kid to reside and was hoping mad once he could pull himself up and wail with injustice of not being sprung at the time of his liking.

Um.....no bueno. Gonna have to remedy this quickly. But it has been nice to crib shop online and see just how other fancy babies sleep. Um yeah....hello Walmart! So kid #3 might actually get one thing which wasn't abused by older siblings...lucky you! (Thank you understanding grandparents)

And why are there not crib tops to keep kids OUT of the darn things?!

Unwelcomed past visitors

4. 
Just about any chair or bench is my favorite place right about now....if not for my bed. The HOLY SUPER EXHAUSTION BATMAN phase is in full force! Then throw in hot flashes, boob sweat season and my favorite guessing game....Is it a Contraction or do I Just Need to Poop? Alden will move so much in painful positions, the best way to describe it is as if a cat fight was thrown into a paper bag...ugh.

Yep, lots of super thrills going on under this family roof!



No comments:

Post a Comment