Tuesday, December 9, 2014

You're a Mean One Mrs. Grinch



Call me what you want, but I'm perfectly okay with it.

This is the time of the year when many families stress out, fight over trivial things and feel like their to do list is never ending. I guess I don't get why we have to over complicate things when of course, the real reason for the season never included all the things which we stress over. Less is more in my eyes, and I don't set the kids up with expectations for each year. If it happens...it happens.

Here is what our family will not be doing this year:

The Elf- Haven't started and not sure if we'll get into it later on as I've heard a lot of kids getting creeped out by it.

Family Christmas Card- I applaud those of you who can successfully accomplish this. I do enjoy getting them from friends and family to grace the side of our fridge, but it has never been something I think of doing in time.**Update**
After taking a families card photo...it got the best of me and decided to just use pictures from this current year. Ah...peer pressure. 

A Tree- Yes, I probably get the most flack for this one. But I'm not loosing any sleep over it. Our place is small, and getting smaller by the day as baby Geddes 3.0 is cooking away. I struggle to keep this place cleaned up and organized in its current non holiday state as it is. There isn't room for one and we won't be home for Christmas anyways. If this wasn't the case, I would probably do everything in my powers to make something work. But for right now, I'll just focus on picking up all the small toys off the ground and not add ornaments to the mix.

A little girl I was watching one day asked me why we didn't have a tree up. I told her we were Jewish....just kidding of course. We do have however, the Little People Nativity scene set......And I am already having to play search and rescue for wisemen, animal control on the barnyard and CPS on baby Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment