Tuesday, December 2, 2014

T-Day

I was a bad photographer this Thanksgiving...

The camera never even came out of its bag the entire time we spent with the grandparents.

We had been set to leave town shortly after 3pm on Thanksgiving Eve to Matt's parents house. Then we got a phone call at about noon that a tree had fallen on dad's car as he was pulling into the driveway. He was okay for two reasons: 1) He is a man of short stature 2) The car he drives, is built like a tank. But needless to say, with this accident blocking the entire road in/out of the complex and the mounting snow piling up...this made for very nervous parents for their kids.

So we played the waiting game...

Checks of road conditions every so many minutes, screenshots of the roads and snow accumulation were our new hobby. Eliza was chomping at the bit to go and see Grandma, and I had planned the food shopping to not have to deal with a dinner on Wednesday evening. Our parents encouraged us to leave early morning and they'd plan dinner around when we got there.

We are both not morning people..

By 9pm, we gathered that most of the accidents had been cleared up and the snow was going to knock off as we continued our travels.

It wasn't our best travel time, but we made it, safe and sound near close to 2am with only one stop to grab some drinks. It also allowed me to do a breathing treatment since I had been battling breathing for close to 4 weeks.

Thanksgiving morning, I would then later visit the local ER for the first time as my last visit to ours back home about a week prior hadn't been effective enough. Three nebulizer treatments later and script for antibiotics, we were sent home and enjoyed a quiet meal with just our immediate family.

The rest of our time was spent relaxing, shopping at a few stores we don't have near us (IKEA), family time at Billy Bee's and doing some elf work. We brought the Christmas presents from us and my mother along with us so I could have a place to wrap and store the gifts since we'll be returning for Christmas. Not to mention, having the time to assemble a few toys before hand. Knowing we might have to return home on Christmas day at night...the last thing I want to spend my time on is reading directions. Plus, it means less wrapping for me, wahoo!

I'll leave this post with a conversation we had with Eliza in the car.

E: But I miss grandma

Don't worry, we will come back to visit them at Christmas and even Santa will come

E: No, I don't want Santa to come!

But don't you want some new toys?

E: But I already have toys dad.

Then I guess you don't want any new games for your Innotab?

E: Wait, I want games!

Little by little, she is grasping the whole Santa game....but still has this love/hate relationship with the jolly man in red :)

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't overly good at taking pictures on Thanksgiving either. I only used the Iphone. I now wish I had broken out the real camera as I am not 100% thrilled with the way the Iphone photos turned out. Ugggg.

    How old is Eliza now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3.5 yrs. I didn't even pull phone out kind of lazy

      Delete