Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Quilt for Alden

In order to keep my sanity during these long winter months, I took to the sewing machine and went to work.

This was the first time I used a jelly roll, picked up last spring from Moda Fabrics. All I can say is WOW and how much quicker it made the sewing process go! I also used a rotary cutter for most of this work, which was a nice change in pace and gave my seems a more polished look






This is the largest quilt I've done before, but I never really set any measurements 
as to how big they will be. Just a good eye at making sure its balanced



With how busy the front was, I wanted a neutral grey and contrasting green for binding. For a summer baby, I think this quilt comes off matching the fun of all the activities one can enjoy outside....eventually for Alden ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment